All the latest news about the Alqueva lake, the Alentejo region, our activities and promotions. Don’t forget to check our social media as well!
Some interesting informaton about the Alqueva lake and the Alentejo region.
The Alqueva in Numbers
The Alqueva reservoir:
– biggest artificial lake in Europe
– biggest sweet water reservoir in Portugal
– 1160 Km (720.8 miles) of margins
– 86 Km (53.4miles) main section
– 426 islands
– 7 lakeside villages
– 14 species of fish
The Alqueva dam:
– 96 m (29.5 ft) height
– 426 m (1397 ft) length
– 4×130 MW installed potency
– 1.095.000 hm3 total capacity
Approximately 4 times the total capacity of the Castelo do Bode dam
Approximately 10 times the total capacity of the Aguieira dam
Approximately 11 times the total capacity of the Alto Lindoso dam
10 minutes from our pier, in Alqueva or Moura, you can complement your visit with the following attractions and activities:
– Alqueva Interpretation Centre
– Museu do Medronho / Strawberry tree fruit Museum (liqueur tasting)
– Herdade Monte Santos (photo safari)
– Moura Castle
– Arms Museum of the Moura Castle
– Museum of Contemporary Jewelery
– Lagar de Varas / Olive Oil Museum
– Jardim das Oliveiras / Olive tree garden
– Museum of Sacred Art
– Mouraria / Muslim quarter
There are also many hotels and rural tourism locations in this region, as well as restaurants and taverns.
Fun fact: Moura, the “enchanted village of flowered windows”, is the city with most museums and taverns per square meter.
New Alquevatours website!
It is with great pride that we announce the launch of the new Alquevatours website!
Alquevatours has a new “face” on the web. We present a renovated website, with new features, with a modern presentation and with a more intuitive navigation.
The new site aims to be another step in the constant improvement of our communication with our customers, suppliers and visitors.
In order to consolidate our online presence, the new site is fully integrated with social networks, Facebook, Instagram and TripAdvisor and allows you to be updated and informed about our news and promotions.
You can contact us through the Contacts tab, request a quote or even subscribe to our newsletters.
Discover the Alqueva and its secrets.
Discover the best the Alqueva and Inner Alentejo region have to offer, with our boat tours and other services.