On a windy and wavy day, the vessels of Alquevatours would furrow the Alqueva waters, and the passengers had a wonderful time.
Some interesting informaton about the Alqueva lake and the Alentejo region.
The Alqueva in numbers
The Alqueva reservoir:
– biggest artificial lake in Europe
– biggest sweet water reservoir in Portugal
– 1160 Km (720.8 miles) of margins
– 86 Km (53.4miles) main section
– 426 islands
– 7 lakeside villages
– 14 species of fish
The Alqueva dam:
– 96 m (29.5 ft) height
– 426 m (1397 ft) length
– 4×130 MW installed potency
– 1.095.000 hm3 total capacity
Approximately 4 times the total capacity of the Castelo do Bode dam
Approximately 10 times the total capacity of the Aguieira dam
Approximately 11 times the total capacity of the Alto Lindoso dam
10 minutes from our pier, in Alqueva or Moura, you can complement your visit with the following attractions and activities:
– Alqueva Interpretation Centre
– Museu do Medronho / Strawberry tree fruit Museum (liqueur tasting)
– Herdade Monte Santos (photo safari)
– Moura Castle
– Arms Museum of the Moura Castle
– Museum of Contemporary Jewelery
– Lagar de Varas / Olive Oil Museum
– Jardim das Oliveiras / Olive tree garden
– Museum of Sacred Art
– Mouraria / Muslim quarter
There are also many hotels and rural tourism locations in this region, as well as restaurants and taverns.
Fun fact: Moura, the “enchanted village of flowered windows”, is the city with most museums and taverns per square meter.
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Pictures can’t do it justice. The beauty of the lake is worth seeing in all of the 4 seasons. Just another reason to visit, and visit again!
Immerse yourself in the images about Alqueva, Alentejo, and our activities.